Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Rant on Wonder Woman's (TV) Costume


I needed a day to think about this WW costume. And while, it's not a bad, bad, bad... It ain't good either.

In an earlier post, I said I didn't want to see the pantsuit. Well, we got the pantsuit. In fact, we got Madonna's 'American Life' tour costume. The S&M look is not giving me Diana, it's giving me Britney Spears in the 'Blackout' days.

The leggings look slutty, the boots should NOT have heels, Diana should not wear make-up, the blue on blue is too much and breast plate looks like a drag queen's final act costume.

NBC, haven't you been listening to the fans? Have you been looking the Justice League cartoons on Cartoon Network? Hell, do you even know who Wonder Woman is?

This costume does not convey Diana at all. I'm getting Showgirls and the Pussycat Dolls! This is not up to par, y'all!

Now, if I was a part of this pilot, I wouldn't place her in the costume just yet. Diana would be in plain clothes or in some of her native wear until she needs to wear the costume.
 Oh, and the costume would have been the classic style. However, I would have limited the stars to 2, one on each side of her "panties" (see John Byrne's version), or mimic Alex Ross's style (see above).

Let's face it; the TV look is just Campy McCamp. This is NOT a uniform of an Amazon Princess, this is a look for a sorority girl for a Heroes themed party.

NBC please listen to the fans. Take this look back and give us a warrior princess in man's world. Maybe something similar to Xena, but true to the look of the Amazing Amazon.

Hera help them!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"This is NOT a uniform of an Amazon Princess, this is a look for a sorority girl for a Heroes themed party."
Your assesment is On Point! And that Alex Ross Costume would have indeed been perfect. Showing the legs is sexy, yet more dignified that wearing panties in public.

WilsonW said...

Preach baby PREACH!!!!

Anonymous said...

Remember the Xena episode "A friend in need"? That was a nice outfit.
I feel some one who is coming from paradise island wouldn't dress that/this way.

Judy C. Adanna said...

A straight friend of mine doesn't understand why I don't like that look. I asked him if he is aroused by a sex doll or a department store mannequin-- does his body/brain understand the difference? She is probably a perfectly nice person, but she looks so sleazy with her fake breasts jacked up and shoved to the sides like that. This should come as no surprise to anyone who has seen any episode of any David Kelley show-- it's cartoonish and campy, just like every female character he has ever created. Wonder McBeal. The truly sad part is that if this show is as embarrassingly awful as it looks, it will be blamed on the character of WW, not on some one-trick hack who doesn't understand her.

Prince Todd said...

Wonder man I totally agree. I am going to give my take on it.
Now that the novelty has worn off.
I miss the star spangled hot pants.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.