Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Questions of the Day


After talking with some folks, some ideas ran amok about the Folsom Street Fair.

But here are some questions that came up:

Is the Folsom Street Fair necessary?

With so much at stake (election, Prop 8, constitutional amendments) is the Folsom Street Fair a wise event at the time?

What does this event mean to our community?

I've seen the event on youtube and other ventures, and I admit it's a little special. However, it celebrates freedom and sexuality which should be expressed. To other folks it's Hell on earth and if they could, they would get rid of it. But I would like to know other views about the Folsom thing.

2 comments:

Queers United said...

It is not my thing, but this is a free country and we shouldn't stop people who are into these fetish events.

YvesPaul said...

I'm heading out there myself. I'm very excited like a kid going to an amusement park for the very first time.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.