Tuesday, April 8, 2008

If I had a Zillion dollars


Being in L.A., you see people completely caught up in themselves. Along with that, I see the rich truly living it up. These people are driving in their BMWs and living in Barbie doll dream houses. I often wonder if these people are buying these things for themselves are for the eyes of others.

However, if I were rich, I wouldn't get caught up in the flash and flair. I would do something different like:
  • buy the original Wonder Woman costume
  • get the original art of certain X-men comics
  • get the rights to the Wonder Woman movie and give it back to Joss Whedon to write and direct it
  • a house in my hometown in Union City, Tennessee
  • buy my mama a house in Florida
  • buy the rights to Jem and the Holograms
  • open a home for runaway LGBT kids
  • visit Africa and Peru
  • own some of Marvel Comics
  • feed L.A.'s homeless once a week
  • build a housing project and day care center for the South Central residents
  • start a free continuing education program for single mothers
  • pay off my student loans
  • pay someone to bankrupt the student loan system
  • get a new Ford Focus
  • start a school for LGBT kids
  • remake Xanadu
  • help pay the national debt
So that's what I'll do if I was rich. Oh...get stock in Louis Vuitton. Sorry, I'm a little shallow sometimes.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Very good ideas and very good blog I enjoyed reading it. I would love to have that kind of money as well and be able to good with it. I enjoy making others happy! :-)

Greg said...

Well, based on this list, I'm all for you having the dough...but if I write a proposal, can I have a grant?

I'm especially in support if you're going to get JW back on the Wonder Woman movie...!!

Not that all the world-bettering things aren't more important...but I think the above would just play into that whole Improvement Plan.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.