Thursday, April 10, 2008

Getting start with the Terror


Since I'm on the horror movie writing kick. I should get my ideas together. One in particular, is a classic story line of something coming to terrorize a small town.
Here's the concept

Needing a break from work, Jon couldn't wait to get to his grandma's home in Melbur. It’s been over 18 years since he’s smelled the sweet honeysuckles in yard, or listened to the cool breeze dancing in the night.

Malcolm also couldn’t wait to get there. In hopes to find the last Angel on earth, the bloody child killer’s grisly trail has led him to the quiet town.

But hidden among the deep green fields and shade trees lie a horrific secret. Not so long ago, an act of desperation brought death and slaughter in the most unspeakable ways. Now something is coming to Melbur.

Something that was born from the blackest of magic.
Something that eats human flesh.
Something that will bleed Melbur dry.

Welcome back, Jon.
Please do not stay long

MELBUR

Melbur is the working name for now, but I think I may change it later. I should get started with the script, however if anyone have any ideas or feedback, please share.

1 comment:

Ken Summers said...

I think it sounds good... as long as you're careful not to fall victim to the Hollywood cycle of similar storylines without creative twists and turns. But still, it could turn into something good!

I took a break from screenwriting myself. I still have one more script to finish... as well as a comedy horror movie to write. Getting it made is always the hardest part...

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.