Saturday, April 19, 2008

I think I got it


So as I figure out this query letter thing, I realized I needed to get to the meat of my story. I think I mentioned before that I wrote a book about a gay guy's drama in his final months of college. It was a 3 and half years labor of love and two months of rewriting half of it.

When I got it together, I struggled with the query letter. But after some great feedback, I finally got it. I needed to focus on the meat. I don't know why it took me so long to get it, but I think I can do it now.

And speaking of writing, I need to get the Final Draft program and get these horror scripts written. I have two main ideas so far, one I shared in an earlier blog and the other is mix of mystery, witchcraft, and bunch of frat boys.


That one script will probably take forever to write, but it will be worth it.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.