Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Original Buffy wants 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' on the screen... And she wants to act in it


The star of horrid, original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, Kristy Swanson thinks it's a great idea for Buffy to on the screen, especially if she's asked to be in it.

She said:
“If they wanted me to be a part of it, I think that would be fantastic and that it would be a blast.”

Well, here's the thing Kristy... We die hard Buffsters, wait I'll clarify, SOME of us don't like to acknowledge the original movie. In fact, we like to forget it, tabula rasa style.

And to be honest, NONE OF US WANT TO SEE THIS REMADE MOVIE!

So, Kristy... Thanks, but no thanks.

source

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regardless of you feelings for the movie, if not for it, josh would never have brought to life the Buffy we know and love and for that alone, the movie deserves acknowledgement.

Wonder Man said...

I agree, Sean. But it almost killed Joss' star power as a writer. Luckily he had a chance to bounce back

behrmark said...

Personally I find the movie campy and no officially part of the canon (I know, making my own rules). I'm against the move reboot too but IF it gets made...can we please NOT have Kristy?

Stan in NH said...

The movie was kind of campy, but I think it does have value because of that. The TV Buffy was campy, too. But with all the social commentary and "finger on the pulse of hip" style, it took camp to the highest, iconic status.
I do have mixed feelings about the movie. I hate all the "reboot" stuff. We should be working on our own, new ideas. And I can't imagine anyone as Buffy but Sarah Michelle, so right there we have the problem. Those are big shoes to fill! I don't know if we have anyone with enough charisma and spunk and attitude. But I know it isn't Kristy.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.