Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Torchwood Creator to Fans: No Ianto


Sorry Ianto fans. He won't be coming back to Torchwood.

Here's the scoop
Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat has confirmed that he has no plans to resurrect Torchwood

The character, played by Gareth David-Lloyd, was killed off in the fourth episode of TorchwoodChildren of Earth.

Moffat wrote on Twitter: "Ianto fans only: Russell [T. Davies]'s character, and I thought his death scene was brilliant. Not reversing it. Stop asking. [sic]"

In response to a further fan question, the writer added: "Torchwood is Russell's - nothing to do with me."
character Ianto Jones. mini-series,

I thought his death was great. Keep him dead.

3 comments:

Nice to see StevieB said...

"Keep him dead." Ooooooo You know how many Fanyboys you just hurt? I agree, dead. That will free up Jack to date me.

EMikeGarcia said...

I'm one of the aforementioned Fanboys, and yes, thanks for the barb in my already broken heart. Ianto was my favorite and I was literally bawling when he died.

But, I do agree, no resurrections, keep the story fresh and going.

Anonymous said...

Jack cannot be Jack if he is tied down.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.