Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Interesting Quote: Steve Schmidt


“I’m personally supportive of [marriage] equality for gay couples and I believe that it will happen over time. I think that more and more Americans are insistent that, at a minimum, gay couples should be treated with respect and when they see a political party trying to stigmatize a group of people who are hardworking, who play by the rules, who raise decent families, they’re troubled by it.”

“I think one of the most tragic things in the world [is] when people are closeted and are denied their sexuality and this incredibly important part of their lives and the destructive potential of that action. And I’ve come to believe over time that, as Dick Cheney said, freedom for everybody means freedom for everybody.”


Steve Schmidt, chief strategist for U.S. Sen. John McCain’s presidential campaign.

Source

1 comment:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.