Tuesday, March 31, 2009

No More Getting Our Groove Back in Jamaica


Well, the revolution will not be televised.

Just blogged...

The Boycott Jamaica site is live!
*******************************************************************************

Human rights activists have given Jamaica the infamous title: “The Most Homophobic Place on Earth.” If you love your gay friends and family members, you won’t visit Jamaica. If you care about the human rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people, you won’t buy Jamaican products.

Isn’t it time we stop rewarding this hate state with our tourism dollars? Isn’t it time to stop drinking Jamaican beverages, such as Myers Rum and Red Stripe Beer?

This nation should be avoided at all costs until the Jamaican government takes action to end the country’s virulently homophobic climate and draconian laws that persecute homosexuals.

So that's the push. Check out the site for more

3 comments:

Unknown said...

come to the Bahamas instead (^_^)

Anonymous said...

I completely agree! Please, before this you could never catch me in Jamaica. Not only do I not like tropical climates, but I have no desire to be kidnapped, beaten, and/or killed, which happens to far too many gay (and even non-gay people) in the "one love" nation...

Prince Todd said...

I'll never (I mean NEVER) visit Jamaica...Not while they continue their hateful behavior towards their gay citizens. I'll be advertising this site on my blog too!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.