Saturday, September 8, 2012

Interesting Quote: John Barrowman


America has the most gay men represented on television than any country in the world. The only thing I wish they would do more often is not stereotype those gay men and women. It’s always the same type they choose. Rather than seeing camp, flouncy, girly men and butch heavy women, it would be nice to see other types. There are “lipstick lesbians,” pretty girls. There are butch guys, guys who are into sports.
I totally agree with him.

source

2 comments:

Bob said...

I do, too.
There are all kinds of gay folks, male and female.
We don't all fit the stereotype.

Stan said...

He's right. Just watching the previews of some of the new shows coming up turn me off. BTW I don't watch Glee either! UGH!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.