Saturday, May 24, 2008

Noah's Arc lied!


Since I've been in L.A., I have yet to see a vibrant Black gay community. We have a couple of clubs, but I haven't seen anything else. Before I moved here, I heard great things about L.A. And after watching Noah's Arc, I hoped to see a strong community of color. Well, that hasn't happened yet.

I've been to the club, Catch One, and to a celebration of black queens, which no one showed up. I haven't heard or seen much from the gays of color. I know they're here, but where? I haven't given up, but goodness, where's the party? Besides the clubs and West Hollywood. There's got to be a ball, poetry group, book club, or a Black writers society somewhere in this seedy town.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.