Thursday, June 19, 2008

I want my Meat...as in Midnight Meat Train


I am upset, dismayed, and disappointed. Today, I heard that Lionsgate Studios, known for their Horror movies, in fact built on Horror has completely lost their minds, or rather the new president, Joe Drake has. For some reason he limiting the release of the Horror event of the year, Midnight Meat Train, the adaptation of a Clive Barker short story and a gem among fans.

When this hee-fer (male version of a heifer) Drake took over, moved Midnight Meat Train from its May 16th release date and moved The Strangers (which he was an exec producer of) in it’s place. Slimly!

Now he is trying to push the movie in a 100 screens in the nation. 100 screens! So this means that all my friends in Kentucky won’t see it at all. And the sad, sad thing is. He’s doing this to make room…drum roll please.

For More Tyler Perry Mess! I don’t want to see any more Medea, or family- hard time-lifetime story crap! But as I calm down, I realize that this movie could be crap and that’s why the move was possibly made. But Tyler Perry’s stuff sucks too. In fact, it’s the same format in all of his “dramas”. MMT could be something big and worth the risk.

Right now fans of Baker, are calling, emailing, and plotting who knows what at Lionsgate. On Barker’s website, www.clivebarker.info he urges fans to speak out and save the movie. I hope they can get something together. Clive’s work deserves better treatment.

For more, go to: www.shocktillyoudrop.com

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.