Thursday, June 12, 2008

Will The Happening be happening?


Is anyone looking forward to The Happening, tomorrow? The ads look appealing, but it's annoying hearing that "it's M. Night Shyamalan's first R rated movie". Big deal. So does it mean there's sex with aliens or Narfs?

I want to check it out, but I've been fooled enough by his tactics. I liked the Sixth Sense, but after that, his movies became lame ducks. The Village really put me asleep, making me regret using my free ticket to see it. However, since it's his big rated R movie maybe some good can come out of it. But the reviews are not cute so far, pointing out the same issues he has in all of his movies. I've noticed that he loves to deal with someone losing a child or loved one, and tying in weird plots together in a very awkward way that does not make a lot of sense.

Still, he claims it's a masterpiece. I guess we will have to see.

For more info click on the title

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.