Friday, June 6, 2008

Argento comes in Threes


Dario Argento is bringing us something new and frightening. I'm sure of you have heard of this movie, it's called Mother of Tears.

The Mother of Tears finishes the trilogy of three all-powerful witches that began in 1977 with Suspiria and continued with the 1980 Inferno. I loved Suspiria and I haven't seen Inferno, but I'm sure it will be good...I hope.

The trailer looks enticing. Maybe I'll check it out this weekend.

Here's the description from movies.com:

Sarah Mandy is a young art restorer who is currently dating the curator of the Museum of Ancient Art of Rome, Michael Pierce. Sarah's relatively peaceful life is shattered by violent forces when the Third Mother, a powerful witch awakened from her ancient slumber, comes looking for her. Although Sarah isn't aware of it, her own mother killed the Mother of Tears' sister many years ago and now the reawakened sibling wants revenge.

2 comments:

EMikeGarcia said...

Oooooh...

Dario Argento, Asia Argento, and Udo Kier?

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Clifford said...

oh my God... no, I didn't mow about this. Recently, they played Suspiria at a revival theater, complete with as tribute band to Goblin... the print, to be generous, sucked hard! It looked life it wag run over by a truck!

Okay, this is exciting news, man. Thanks!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.