Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Random feelings about Obama


It's done and so it begins...

Obama's candidacy means so many things. His speech tonight really hit home for me because for once in my life, I saw the possibility of change and hope. Hokey, I know, but I really saw a possible future.

To see a man of color rise above the ills of our society proves that it's real and it can happen. Stepping out of the box and trying something new isn't a tired notion anymore. Obama is doing that and living that. It's truly exciting to see and to hear him tonight.

Can he do all these things he talks about? Is it real? I hope so, I hope people are able to put their foolishness aside and listen to what he was saying.

At first, I could've went either way. I remember the Clinton days of benefits, great financial aid, great economy, but that was then...

We should move forward and move on. I'm feeling Obama and I'm feeling the changes that may come.

And Michelle was so cute tonight.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.