Saturday, August 28, 2010

Interesting Quote: Alveda King


When I join Beck and all gathered at the Lincoln Memorial this weekend, I will talk about my Uncle Martin and the America he envisioned. I will talk about honor and character and sacrifice. I will be joined by those who represent the diversity of the human race.

On Saturday, Uncle Martin’s dream of personhood and human dignity will resound across America. And the Park Police should consider themselves forewarned: As we stand in the symbolic shadow of the great American who signed the Emancipation Proclamation, we just might sing.


source

3 comments:

Stan in NH said...

Beck representing diversity in America?
Diversity of what? Shades of white? The spectrum of Protestant evangelical denominations? What kind of drugs is she on?

Judy C. Adanna said...

In that quote, she forgot to remind us that she believes in the dream of personhood and equality except for hell-bound perverts afflicted with the demon of homosexuality.
Standing next to Beck, she doesn't look out of place to me.

Unknown said...

Yes, Stan and Judy are on point.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.