Sunday, August 29, 2010

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist Will Support a Federal Marriage Amendment


What a fool. Today on CNN, Charlie Crist said he will support a Federal Marriage Amendment.

Here's the stuff:

Crist has been more consistent on the issue of same-sex marriage. The Senate candidate supports a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage, but said he is tolerant of gay and lesbian couples.

"When it comes to marriage, I think it is a sacred institution, I believe it is between a man and a woman," Crist said, "but partners living together, you know, I don't have a problem with it."

"It's just how I feel," he added.

Sorry, Charlie, wrong answer. You need to remember you are on your own. If you would have played your cards right, you could have gain the LGBT vote. But I guess your not ready to come out yet.

2 comments:

Bob said...

I wonder if his Federal Marriage Amendment position would change if it meant gay men couldn't marry their beards so they could stay in politics?

Blobby said...

...but I thought the GOP favored STATES rights!

Oh - but only when it's convenient, I suppose.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.