Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Survivor doesn't appreciate Kim Davis using 'Eye of the Tiger'


So we all heard 'Eye Of The Tiger' during Kim Davis' hate rally. Well the group, Survivor, ain't too happy about their song being used for Anti-Gay rally.

Billboard reports:
Survivor founding member and "Eye of the Tiger" co-writer Jim Peterik sent a statement to Billboard making clear that the band did not authorize the song's use at Tuesday's rally.

"I was very surprised and dismayed at the misuse of the song I co-wrote with Frankie Sullivan for Rocky lll," he said. "The song has motivated thousands through the years to reach beyond their limits. Its use for the release of Kim Davis does not support my views or my politics. I have contacted my publishers to make sure this usage is stopped immediately."

Sullivan, meanwhile, took to Facebook to let his followers know he did not support Davis' crusade. "We did not grant Kim Davis any rights to use 'My Tune -The Eye Of The Tiger.' I would not grant her the rights to use Charmin!" he wrote.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.