Monday, July 21, 2014

To Netroots and Beyond


I traveled to Detroit for Netroots Nation. This was my fourth one and it was very engaging and inspiring. During this conference, I realized a few things about myself and what I should do to make some type change in the world.

Right now, I am trying to figure out next steps in my life. I could get more involved in LGBT issues, or actually take lead of an organization. Blogging has been a great outlet for my creative voice, perhaps I should do more in that area as well.

In all, I need to do something.

So, I asked to be on the LGBT Connect committee. I think it's time for me to give back to the attendees and to Netroots. I mean, I've been going for free for the last four years, it is the least I can do. Also, I want to create a panel that address the issues that beset gay Black men. There's a panel for Black women and it's always engaging. Why not do the same for Black gay men, right? I believe it could be very informative to the audience and possibly therapeutic for the panelists.

Also, I need to write more. I finally have the time and I need to hone this crazy craft of mine. So, I will start publishing more articles on Bilerico Project and Mused. I got to get my work out there, got to do something to make a difference.

Funny... These last 5 days have snapped me back to work per se. I just have to stick to it.

Hold me accountable, y'all.

1 comment:

R.J. said...

You'll be great at it. Congrats on the new direction you're taking.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.