Sunday, July 27, 2014

My Thoughts on Batman v Superman's Wonder Woman


Alright, let's talk about the first look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. I'll keep it real... I like it. I don't love it, but I like it.

We see the warrior in her and I appreciate the attitude she's serving, however there are some issues. So, I'm going to list my pros and cons about the costume.


  • Love the Amazonian feel of the costume
  • However, I see Xena when I first saw the pic
  • Gal has the look
  • I don't think Diana needs a sword
  • The lasso is Silver
  • These boots are hooker boots
  • And why are the boots shaped like heels?
  • Not a fan of the tiara pointing downward
  • I would like to see the colors pop out of her costume
  • I hope she's not a harden warrior
  • Can we lower the height of the boots?
  • Gal doesn't need to bulk up, but I hope to see some definition 
That's all I have. Please share your views

3 comments:

apitt said...

I will admit I was skeptical that Gal could pull off the look, but i think she did it. If the colors pop out more and you remove the sword, then I would be good.

R.J. said...

When I saw this look, I knew people who are used to WW being a certain way would be upset. In the Injustice comics, she's not a heroine. She stands alongside Superman as he does his worst.

The tiara pointing downward could also be an "easter egg", a hint of what her alliance and role will be in the movie.

Those boots have wedge heels, definitely not hooker boots. Now if they had a stiletto heel...

I'm also wondering if maybe there is more than one WW costume and this is just a teaser.

Allan S. said...

I saw Xena as well. I would love to have seen her with her lasso in hand and at the ready.

I am not really seeing much of an ancient greek warrior battle uniform. Where is the Athena, or Hera, inspiration? The boots and crown are missing the mrk because of that lack of influence.

Perhaps she should have had a toga with a breastplate that has subtle references to Wonder Woman's classic costume.

Also, in my opinion Diana always holds her head up high when she in her warrior stance, and casts her eyes down upon her foes.

Not horrible, but not really giving me Wonder Woman.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.