Friday, May 23, 2014

My Vague Review of X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST


Well, I just saw X-Men: Days of Future Past and I have to say, IT'S AWESOME!

It was a great story that came together with a multi-cast of folks. I was worried about this film, but it came through. I really enjoyed it.

I can tell you more, but I will do it in my vague, bullet-point review style.

  • The future is bleak as f**k!
  • The future scenes were sad, but great. The way the captured the rawness of the future was breathtaking
  • Storm was utilized in a way I greatly appreciated
  • The Future Sentinels were deadly and awesome to watch
  • Blink stole a few scenes
  • Not everyone survived X-Men: First Class
  • Hugh Jackman has a great butt! It's so nice to marvel at
  • Even Peters is so adorable in person (Live Q & A)
  • As Quicksilver, he was perfect. I had my doubts, but he was a scene stealer (Time in a Bottle)
  • The young Xavier and Eric plane scene was sublime
  • Mystique's character was interesting to watch. Her growth from First Class to this film was solid
  • In some ways, X3 never existed
  • The mix of the past and future scenes were right on
  • Goes by very fast for a 2hr and 14 minute film
  • When Wolverine wakes up... Priceless
  • Surprises
  • Someone is on the rise (after credit scene)
In all, solid film! I will see it again!

3 comments:

Bob said...

These kinds of films aren't the kind I usually see, unless I catch them on VOD, but the thought of Hugh Jackman's butt has me tempted to wait in line.

Damien said...

YAY!! - thank you V

R.J. said...

I have never seen an X-Men film before, but I might have to rent the previous one so I can get up to speed thanks to you.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.