Thursday, March 27, 2008

My favorite movie



Carrie was almost a hero to me. I was picked on as a kid and a teen, but I didn't know how to handle it. But when I saw Carrie (and later read the book), I realized my life wasn't so bad.

Carrie was a weird outlet for a lot of things I was feeling, being gay and closeted in a small southern town. I wouldn't have killed anyone, but it would've been neat to have TK abilities to scare folks. I have seen this movie at lease 50 times and read the book twice. However, I didn't see the musical, but I heard it was "interesting".





My favorite scenes were the infamous split screen piece where Carrie cracks and tears sh** up. And when Carrie is dancing with Tommy Ross. It was there, you knew that it was the first and last time she would ever know true happiness.

Also Carrie helped me understand "mind powers" when I start reading X-Men.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.