Friday, March 28, 2008

The Devil's eyes? Child, please...

Michael Myers from Halloween

Is he really Pure Evil or Pure Mess?
I'm not sure if Mikey is pure evil, just a screwed up kid....almost like most of the youth these days.

I've always been enthralled with Mikey. His reason to terrorize is plan and simple, there is no reason. But I don't look at him in fear as I would Jason or Thomas (Leatherface). I see him as lost soul or a kid who didn't get enough attention.

Over the years, he's become more and more ridiculous as a movie character. I'm not feeling the mindless killer thing at all. As they continue to create more Halloween movies, I wish they could give him a reason to exist. Mikey's not fun anymore and until these writers truly bring it, I'll make Easter my official holiday of horror.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Michael. Well, the way I see it, they went wrong when they gave Michael a motivation--killing Laurie Strode and anyone related to her. In the first movie, he didn't have a motivation at all, and I think that added to the feeling that "you could be next," rather than "I'm glad I'm not related to Laurie Strode." -chriskl99

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.