Sunday, April 21, 2013

Three Months Single, What have I learned



This is a ramble, so be warned

I have been single for almost three months and it has been a good thing.

I say that because I have learned and faced some of my faults and issues about relationships. My ex didn't feel loved and sensed that I was going in a different direction. And he was right, I was. He became a security blanket, something that I took for granted. I love him, but I wasn't in love with him as much as I used to be.

That's tough to say, but I had to say it. I knew it and I refused to believe it. I guess I thought you stick it out and things get better. But that's not the way to handle a relationship. I'm not mad at him, disappointed, but not mad. I want us to be friends and I want him to find happiness.

As for me, I am rediscovering myself. I'm loosening some of moral hang-ups and being open to different types of experiences. I'm also being honest about what I want.

This time alone has made me realize a few things. I have to take risk if I want to get the prize. Right now, the prize isn't a guy; it's the solid understanding of myself. The bitter with the sweet, the bad with the good. That is what I'm fighting for at the moment.

A better me will lead to better things.

4 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Sounds like a healthy recovery!

Anonymous said...

I remember going through this once I hit 36 years old. It's scary at first, but after awhile you get used to the new you -- which is like the same you but only more rounded.

I haven't dated in a few years, but it's not because I can't find someone. I've become pickier. I'm more in tune with my emotional needs, and if those aren't met I won't be with someone.

Not even if they're Bradley Cooper or Shemar Moore.

Prince Todd said...

OMG! I did not know that you and Jamie broke up.
I am so sorry. =0(
*hugs*

Wonder Man said...

Don't worry, I'm good, boo.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.