Wednesday, February 17, 2016

John Kasich will not go after Marriage Equality as President


On the campaign trail, Kasich was asked about Gay Marriage and repealing the law. This has become a trending topic since some of the GOP presidential candidates have vowed to overturn the decision.

Kasich is the only candidate who has said he's not touching it.
“If I see discrimination in anything, like I said earlier, I’m willing to do what I can. Whether it’s executive order or legislation. That’s fine with me. As for marriage equality – let me be clear I’m for traditional marriage but I’ve been to my first gay wedding. A friend of mine is gay and got married. I went home and said to my wife, we’ve been invited to Steve’s wedding and you know, said this is going to be unusual for us. She said, well I’m going. Are you going? And I went. And I had a great time. And there was great champagne."
When pressed on his answer, Kasich made it clear
“Well, we’re not changing any laws. We’re not changing. We’re not going to allow discrimination on this.
I have to admit, John is looking like the only leveled headed person in the GOP room.
source

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This man is a crook and plays pool pocket on tv. He took away food stamps from Blacks to fund his office.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.