Thursday, September 26, 2013

Interesting Quote: Barilla Pasta chairman Guido Barilla - UPDATE


“I would never do an advert with a homosexual family…if the gays don’t like it they can go an eat another brand. For us the concept of the sacred family remains one of the fundamental values of the company. Everyone has the right to do what they want without disturbing those around them. I have no respect for adoption by gay families because this concerns a person who is not able to choose."
I guess we ain't buying Barilla anymore.

UPDATE- he apologizes... Kinda

source

6 comments:

Bob said...

Done. And done.

Anonymous said...

I haven't bought Barilla since Alex Zanardi had his near-death accident in Germany back in 2001. Looks like I've already done the boycott!

Bruno Laliberté said...

He said it; let him live with it.
No more Barilla in my home.
He's such a great example of what is sacred anyway...

Anonymous said...

Since 1877,lets see if it doesn't get an end date,2014???

Rusty said...

after all you've said about pointless boycotts your still doing gonna not buy pasta because a catholic with money doesn't like gay people?

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to buy any more Barilla pasta and I don't believe that the owner is sorry. There's a parody of this whole thing at http://youtu.be/2y1l_OFOvyM and I think the guy in that video is just as sincere as Guido with his apology! lol

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.