Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Gina Torres speaks about being Wonder Woman


Vulture magazine asked Gina Torres about being a fan-favorite to play Wonder Woman.

She said:
"You know, she is a superhero that has been a part of my life since I can remember, and it is incredibly gratifying and heartwarming and wonderful that this campaign continues to have a life — even though it might be maybe three or four people that are keeping it alive. [Big laugh.] I love them! I don't know how realistic it is. Of course I would love to do that. Who wouldn't in their right mind? And why not? Well, there are all kinds of reasons why not. But yes, it is a fantasy. And it's a hoot. It's a hoot that every now and then, all these years go by, and people are still thinking that I could do that; I could make that wonderful and they will come and see it. I can't even tell you how that feels."
This is so cool. I think she should be in the project in some form or fashion.

source

4 comments:

Bruno Laliberté said...

Jasmine=Wonder Woman?!?
Cool idea!!
:)~
HUGZ

Anonymous said...

How appropriate...the Greeks were black back in the day and this would just go along with history. I am all for it.

Anonymous said...

I'm on board with this! :-)

Rusty said...

I'd to see Gina as Hypolita or Hera. She'd done the Sexy Kickass Woman Warrior enough times and I like seeing her more graceful but still as attention grabbing. I absolutely love her the ball buster queen on Suits

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.