Monday, January 21, 2013

Check Out a Quick Look at the Gay Latino Organization, Payasos L.A.

From Rad Queers
Smashing taboos and redefining philanthropy, Payasos L.A. is an organization of gay Latino men who wear clown make-up, go-go dance, and try to make the world a better place for future generations. Rad Queers: Payasos L.A. takes a look at the Payasos’ optimistic philosophy as well as their sexy fund-raising parties. “Mr. Los Angeles Leather” 2011 title-holder and Payasos founder Leo Iriarte walks us through the wild world of his happy band of clowns, providing a uniquely personal perspective on this extraordinary group.

1 comment:

behrmark said...

Thanks for posting this, V. I've seen adverts for their fund raisers and I know many of them are involved in BearsLA...I've admired them from afar because my perception has always been that it IS a Latino thing and outsiders aren't necessarily welcome. I think this clip helped to demystify the group. Oh and yeah...there's not a single Payasos member I wouldn't do.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.