Sunday, November 20, 2011

"More, More, More" singer Andrea True has Died


Aw man, one of my favorite Disco peeps has died. Andrea True passed away:
The leader of the 1970s disco act Andrea True Connection has died, according to the funeral home handling her arrangements.

Andrea Marie Truden, who lived on Studio Lane in Woodstock, was 68 when she died on Nov. 7 at Kingston Hospital, the Gilpatric-VanVliet Funeral Home said in an obituary. A cause of death was not released.

Truden’s band is best known for the 1976 disco hit “More, More, More” (see video below) and also released the singles “N.Y. You Got Me Dancing” in 1977 and “What’s Your Name, What’s Your Number” in 1978.

I love "More, More, More" and “N.Y. You Got Me Dancing”. In fact, I play the New York song every time I travel to NYC. We will miss you, Andrea.

source

3 comments:

David Dust said...

So sad.

Anonymous said...

whenever I heard about people or animals that died I always wonder how I am going to die. RIP

lloydsworld said...

Sad. I liked her music a lot. More More More was one of the first songs to get me into disco at the age of 13..."Party Line" is also a great track. RIP Andrea.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.