Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reichen, if you can't Take the Heat, Stay off the A-List



Lord Reichen Lehmkuhl, I guess he wasn't warned that doing a reality show about Z-list wannabees would attract some heavy criticism.

In Next Magazine the editor had this to say:

The A-List: New York (Logo)
Where to begin? The "reality" show everyone loved to hate probably cancelled out 100 "It Gets Better" videos with its cringe-worthy depictions of Reichen, Rodiney and the other vapid queens trying to impress upon viewers why they're important. (Hint, if you have to explain why you're A-list, you're probably not.)

Well, he wasn't happy about that and wrote this in response (this is just some of the letter):
Dear Dan,
I just read in a column distributed by Michael Musto that you were quoted in saying that the reality show that I did over the summer, "The A-List New York", was merely "vapid queens" trying to impress on everyone why we are important. You specifically mentioned myself and my boyfriend, Rodiney.
First, I don't appreciate your bullying words. You can save your "vapid queens" comment for, well, no one. I can't even imagine speaking this way about other human beings. That you would reduce my existence to someone who is a "vapid queen" says more about what you don't know about me, along with the kind of person you must be. Is this seriously how a "senior editor" at a magazine talks about people?
Second, I'd like for you to point out which scene(s) depicted me or Rodiney trying to impress upon anyone how "important" we are. Is it that you IMAGINED scenes like this? Or do you just feel less important by default? Trust me, there are no scenes where we impress any sort of thing on anyone. We aren't like that as people, on or off the screen. We are humble, caring, HUMAN BEINGS, in case you forgot to explore that side of us. We lived our summer on a TV show and had 3600 hours of filming reduced to 3 hours that you actually saw, broadcast over 10 episodes that we watched, sometimes in horror, at all that was left OUT that would have depicted us as balanced people who react accordingly to situations. That you would make a public accusation that we would ever think we are "important" or "more important" than anyone else, is ridiculous. It's ignorant.
 Okay, boo. But you act like you haven't seen your own show. We did. Or rather they did, I could only do clips. But maybe these are the reasons you all were labeled hot messes






This doesn't make folks give a damn, it just makes us go WTF is this?

source

8 comments:

David Dust said...

Seriously - if you can't handle criticism, then don't sign up for a broke-ass tv show.

Allan S. said...

I just threw up a little.

Unknown said...

wtf

Robyn said...

I tried to watch the marathon and I stopped paying attention at about forty minutes.

On the other hand, when people look at them and then look at me they can't believe I'm gay. In some of the more homophobic parts of town where I live maybe that's not such a bad thing?

EMikeGarcia said...

THAT is what the silly bitch calls "bullying"?

Prince Todd said...

If they are so A list then why have I never heard of this show?
Those Queens are just LATE!

robertga99 said...

I liked the show but I think it was because of the train wreck effect. And Reichen? OMG...I disliked him the most on that show. What a damn self absorbed POS!!!!! Making out with a guy and giving him your number in isn't cheating? PUH-LEASE!

WilsonW said...

Oh man, why did you make me relive that singing!!! Goodness!!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.