Thursday, May 28, 2015

Interesting Quote: Ezra Miller


It was unconscious when it happened. It was a conversation much like this with a human being I felt a kinship to, but within the official context of an interview. It's not something I had given a spectacular amount of thought to, but I told her how I identified. It's been interesting these past couple of years seeing the way that media and culture has received that statement. When I identified as queer, even though I said that most of my partners had been women, [it was] immediately: gay actor, Ezra Miller. When I identify as queer, it simply means that I don't wish to conform to the binary system when it comes to who and how we love. I'm glad to have identified as queer, first of all because it's true, and because I think ultimately, when we are creating the identity that we present to the world, if it can be close to the identity we actually maintain in our personal lives, [it] will probably end up being more comfortable and sustainable.
source 

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.