Saturday, March 22, 2014

5 Women who could Rock the Jem the Movie Team


So, I learned that Jem's creator Christy Marx and (Jem's voice) Samantha Newark are NOT involved with the Jem movie. They were told a film was coming, but not much after that.

It was also interesting to see three men at the front of this project. After all of this info, I have to ask...Where are the women?

If they want strong support for this film, they need Christy's involvement and Samantha's input. However, they are trying to find some more gender diversity, I have some choices for them after the jump.







Julie Plec

Julie is Queen Bee over at CW. She knows casting and good storytelling. If they want someone keen in today's youth, get Julie!

Catherine Hardwick
She directed the first Twilight film and wrote Thirteen, she is definitely a person to call up.


Drew Barrymore
 Fun actress, director, and producer. I'm sure Drew could give the Jem movie some Flash and Sizzle.

Lana Wachowski
Lana could write, produce, and direct the f*ck out of this film. Jon could learn a lot from Lana and I think, we'd welcome her on the Jem Film Team.


Issa Rae
Issa's fresh and innovative style would compliment the updated version of Jem. She knows how to write characters and give them depth. I would love to see her on this project.

3 comments:

Kyle Leach said...

V, I agree with your comments and choices. Choosing one or more to contribute would give it what it needs.

R.J. said...

I never saw Jem back in the day, but even I find it troubling that the creator is not involved in this project or was even asked to consider it.

Unknown said...

I would like to add Shonda Rhimes to that list, as she has the Midas Touch right now. And for casting, I'm gonna email them and recommend Heather Morris. She's a triple threat.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.