Friday, February 12, 2010

Interesting Quote: President Obama


"At the beginning of the week, a staggering 63 nominees had been stalled in the Senate because one or more senators placed a hold on their nomination. ... And so on Tuesday, I told Senator McConnell that if Republican senators did not release these holds, I would exercise my authority to fill critically-needed positions in the federal government temporarily through the use of recess appointments. ... Since that meeting, I am gratified that Republican senators have responded by releasing many of these holds and allowing 29 nominees to receive a vote in the Senate. While this is a good first step, there are still dozens of nominees on hold who deserve a similar vote, and I will be looking for action from the Senate when it returns from recess. If they do not act, I reserve the right to use my recess appointment authority in the future."

Obama basically telling Sen. McConnell, "I will whoop that ass!"

source

1 comment:

behrmark said...

This kind of child's play by the Republican Senators really frosts my ass. They may think they're derailing the President but what they're really doing is derailing America. They're saying that they would rather play games than ensure the people have a full government in place. To these Republican Senators I say a big "F--K YOU! You all obviously don't give a rat's ass about America so get the f--k out!"
Whew! Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.