Thursday, June 18, 2009

We Agree, We Disgree...and That's Cool


Hey y'all.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate the dialogue we have about Obama and his stance on the LGBT community.

I'm writing this because I've noticed in other blogs how folks are being bashed for the views either on their main page or comment page. Regardless of our opinions, I hold no grudges. The comments are challenging my views and find that very healthy.

I'm still a staunch supporter, however I won't be blind or less critical of Obama. I would like for him to move faster, but I understand there's a political game being played...Hell, it's like Strageto probably. It sucks, but that's the reality we are living in. I want us to fight for our rights, but be aware of our tactics.

Anywho, please continue to let me know how you feel. I love the convos (conversations) and the different views. It is welcomed here.

2 comments:

Belasco said...

Hey, Wonder...I agree with your stance. And I'd be feeling this way even if he weren't the first black president. However, since i love throwing grenades into hen houses, I have to wonder would Obama be getting this much heat if he weren't the first black president and being held to some unrealistic (considering the nature of politics being what they are) standard? I honestly don't think any of our other potential presidential hopefuls would be doing anything differently, and in fact, they would be making things a helluva lot worse. And that goes for H.C.

YvesPaul said...

Hopefully he's not waiting for another 4 years before fulfilling his promise.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.