Monday, January 5, 2009

To Kick off Comic/Sci Fi/Action Flicks of 2009...Chun Li


In an alternative universe, I could be living on the island of Themyscira or flying without wings. But no, I'm here in the real world, plagued with bills, recession, Gossip Girl, and the most silly idea for a movie I have ever seen.

If you don't know, there is another Street Fighter movie (as if the 1st one broke so many records). This is...Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

Chun-Li, the one with the pigtails, high tights, the power kick, and the vocal skills to say "yup-yup". I am not kidding y'all, this is a real movie. It's about her learning her street fighting skills and discovering the mystery of her past.

Excited? Me, HELL NAW! Isn't this movie 15 years late? Anywoo, here's the Japanese trailer

What's next, Dig Dug?

3 comments:

Jonathan Pizarro said...

I loved the arcade game back in the day, and the concept was all sorts of awesome to me. But the live action movie sucked, and it's all pretty dated these days.

Not old enough to be retro cool yet either.

Belasco said...

wow...was that Michael Clarke Duncan? Someone needs a new agent....yeeesh...lol

YvesPaul said...

I'd like to see the Legend of Blanka... Woo-ahh, woo-ahh!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.