Friday, January 30, 2009

An Evening With Labelle


My partner is so wonderful. He got me a ticket to see the best girl group ever, Labelle. Made up of Nona Hendrix, Sarah Dash, and Patti Labelle, these divas rocked the house.


I was very lucky to have a seat in the 10th row center to these ladies in their glory. It was awesome! All of them are in their 60s and they still look and sound perfect.

I never thought I would ever see them live and back together. I encourage all of y'all to listen to a few of their songs. You know Lady Marmalade, but they have done many other great songs. Goddess, what a night!

4 comments:

YvesPaul said...

Well, your partner has to spend his gameshow winnings somehow, I'm glad he spent it on you. :)

Must be exciting to see that show.

David Dust said...

I am so jealous - it looks like a great show.

XOXOXOXO

Butch said...

That's a concert I would have loved to see. "Lady Marmalade" has to be one of my favorites.

Allan S. said...

They are fab. Nona Hendrix is a motherfucking statement, wrapped up in all kinds of fierceness. I'm so glad they are back doing there thing and showing that love rules.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.