Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I predict The Uninvited will SUCK Dragon's Balls


The Uninvited is coming out this Friday, and I will NOT see it. Why? Because it doesn't make any sense.

Here's the plot: Anna Rydell returns home to her sister (and best friend) Alex after a stint in a mental hospital, though her recovery is jeopardized thanks to her cruel stepmother, aloof father, and the presence of a ghost in their home. This ghost gives clues about the stepmother/babysitter character and want her to pay.

But here's my question: If a ghost wants revenge, why can he/she just do it the damn thing by themselves?

I've always hated the idea of a ghost who wants revenge, uses a living person to do it for them. If I was a ghost, I would handle my business without help. I'm a frakking GHOST, I'm supernatural! I wouldn't need a human's help.

And this movie...what silly crap is this? It looks like What Lies Beneath + The Babysitter + A broke ass The Ring. Come on, people...Give me Horror!

6 comments:

YvesPaul said...

Maybe she imagined the ghost and it was her who wants to kill her stepmom? I don't know. I've became intolerant to horror movies. I used to love them but now I get scared too easily. I still love my vampires and witches though.

calicolyst said...

Perhaps the ghost needs help because it can't physically do anything. Like, if it tries to grab a knife, it's hand just goes through the knife.

Christopher said...

Why Vyktor? Everytime you predict a film's demise--the film bombs! Stay away from my FRIDAY THE 13th!

Ray Avito said...

Your description makes 10 times more sense than the plot. I kept thinking it was a fatal attraction kind of movie, and then would wonder why a decaying arm would shoot from underneath the bed. I had no clue there was a ghost!

KAOS said...

I'd go further than Ray Avito - your description not only makes more sense, it's also more entertaining than the movie is likely to be.

But I'm biased - I hate this kinda crap :)

Jonathan Pizarro said...

That poster is super funny though.

"Hello??? Hellooooo! Anyone? Let me in, pleeeeeease! Stacey, why was I not invited to this party?! Hello!!!"

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.