Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sam L. Jackson as Nick Fury...maybe Not!


In LA Times, Samuel L. Jackson said something quite interesting about his role as Nick Fury. During the summer, Jackson dazzled us at the end of Iron Man and Hulk, discussing the Avengers Initiative.

But now he may not be telling us about any initiative at all.

From Jackson himself: There was a huge kind of negotiation that broke down. I don't know. Maybe I won't be Nick Fury. Maybe somebody else will be Nick Fury or maybe Nick Fury won't be in it.

There seems to be an economic crisis in the Marvel Comics world so [they're saying to me], 'We're not making that deal.'"
"I saw ['Iron Man' and 'Iron Man 2' director] Jon Favreau at the Scream Awards and we had a conversation. He said, 'I hope things are working out for you because we're writing stuff for you.' Then all of a sudden last week I talked to my agents and manager and things aren't really working that well."

What's going on? And if they are thinking of a new Nick Fury, who is it? This is all talk, and it could be hype, however it's slowly spreading on the nets. As more comes, I'm keep y'all posted.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.