Sunday, January 18, 2009

No Pig Sex for you


Well, after I posted this story on Friday, they canceled it on Saturday. The big sex pig party was canceled due to the 'festivities' happening in the Doubletree Hotel.

Peter LaBarbera of the Americans For Truth About Homosexuality, was totally excited about it of course, expressing his joy on AFTAH site

MAL Maneuvers CANCELLED

As many of you know, extreme Christian groups have been pressuring Doubletree to cancel the “Obama Inauguration Pig Sex Orgy.” For two days, the hotel stood firm while the accusations and falsehoods kept coming in. Just this morning, I told the management of Doubletree how impressed I was that they resisted the calls to shut us down. Unfortunately, the matter escalated to Doubletree Corporate, and the word has come down that they will not allow our event to go on as planned. To say that I am pissed would be an understatement. We have a right to privacy and sexual freedom. I appreciate the efforts of the Centaurs [a D.C. homosexual sadistic sex group] in helping us set this up and fight the cancellation. I want to apologize to each of you who, some who have been with me for 9 years, for having to disappoint you at the 11th hour.

He shouldn't link this to Obama, BTW. However, several gay bloggers and non-bloggers were upset, but y'know...I think in the long run, it may be for the best.

I'm not going to rehash my feelings about this; y'all know I'm not a fan of these things. But I'm realizing that are a rising number of gay men who feel the same way. After reading some comments about this on Joe and Pam's blogs, I finally felt like there were diverse opinions about the issue.

To be really real, I'm surprised that folks were shocked at the cancellation: having a sex party during an huge event, advertising the party like it was a goddamn High School Prom was bound to start trouble. I ain't mad they canceled the party. It was probably the best thing to do. However, Peter and his freaks should not be in our business, but we should not be giving them gasoline to fuel the fire.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.