Queerty has reported that the somewhat secret list of the 'No' Executive Committee is now public.
It didn't take too much Nancy Drewing to get this info. Michael Petrelis, a known activist filed for access to the public records and just like that, he got the names of the committee.
So if you want to know, here they are:
- Geoff Kors, executive director, Equality California;
- Lorri Jean, chief executive officer, Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center;
- Kate Kendell, executive director, National Center for Lesbian Rights;
- Michael Fleming, executive director, David Bohnett Foundation;
- Marty Rouse, national field director, Human Rights Campaign;
- Heather Carrigan, ACLU of Southern California;
- Oscar De La O, Beinestar Human Services in Los Angeles;
- Sue Dunlop, Los Angeles;
- Maya Harris, ACLU of Northern California;
- Don Howes, Los Angeles;
- Dennis Herrera, City Attorney of San Francisco;
- Dr. Delores Jacobs, chief executive officer, San Diego LGBT Community Center;
- Joyce Newstadt, San Francisco;
- Tawal Panyacosit, director, Asian and Pacific Islander Equality in San Francisco;
- Rashid Robinson, Los Angeles;
- Kevin Tilden, communications/political consultant, San Diego;
- Steve Mele, founder of ML Associates in West Hollywood.
There are none, if any, grassroots folks on here. It almost looks like the popular kids in school were in charge. However, we should work with them and try to figure out what really wrong. I'm sure we can get something done at the Equality Summit this Saturday.