Saturday, January 3, 2009

The New Doctor Who is....



Matt Smith! Who is he? A fairly young actor and a bit weird looking.

Here's more from
BBC News

Matt Smith has been named as the actor who will take over from David Tennant in Doctor Who - making him the youngest actor to take on the role.

At 26, Smith is three years younger than Peter Davison when he signed up to play the fifth Doctor in 1981.

Smith will first appear on TV screens as the 11th Doctor in 2010.

He was cast over Christmas and will begin filming for the fifth series of Doctor Who in the summer. Tennant is filming four specials in 2009.

Smith was named as Tennant's replacement in Saturday's edition of Doctor Who Confidential on BBC One.

He said: "I've got this wonderful journey in front of me where I've got this six months to build this Time Lord - and that's such an exciting prospect."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never bothered to check the tags bit and didn't see this because I started months later. As for him being a bit weird looking, really if you watch much BBC America, you may notice the British standard for beauty is a bit different. It kind of has to be because, well this just sounds wrong, but it's kind of true (remember my dad's a brit) so many of them are just kind of goofy looking. I think the American standard of beauty is skewed because we produce some truly amazing looking people. The gene pool is much more diverse and that for some reason just creates beautiful people. My mixed race cousins are incredibly hot really so much so I wish they were'nt related to me. Mixing ourselves up is really good for all of us. It creates stronger beautiful people and eventually the whole racism thing will go where it belongs, buried with the dinosaurs.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.