Friday, January 2, 2009

Blast from the Past: Hanging with (the future) Admiral William Adama


In Fall 1997, I was living it up in college. I have my 2nd 4.0, I was in the Campus Activity Board, I was finally out of the closet and I was a RA.

Then I got to hang out with Edward James Olmos. Who knew he would be the powerful Admiral William Adama in Battlestar Galactica. Lucky me to have spent a few hours with him.

He was very interesting and passionate. He came to our little Kentucky school and talked about issues affecting Latinos in the media. It was a very good event.

Oh, BTW I was wearing extensions back then. I always changed my hair every six months. There wasn't anything else to do in that town, so I had to keep things exciting for me at least.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I'd like to meet Lee Adama... Oh, boy.... Would I!??

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.