Sunday, November 1, 2009

Little Nikita


I fell in love with River Phoenix after seeing this movie in the theater.

I even wrote a scene with me as the nephew of Sidney Poitier (I had a secret notebook of my thoughts and wishes at the time).

I was helping Jeff (River) escape Karpov by hiding him in the hood. However, we were found and Karpov tried to murder me, but Jeff's family saved us. Later, Jeff revealed that if I died, he wouldn't be able to tell me he was in love with me.

Silly, I know, but I was 14 and River was always on my mind.

3 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

Oh, me too! River was one of my very first crushes.

SteveA said...

I am and have always been a huge fan of River Phoenix. It was so sad when he died - he would have been the biggest thing since slice bread - he was an activist (well sort of - for the environment); an actor and a musician.
RIP dude!

Prince Todd said...

The movie that left me head over feet for Mr. Phoenix was DogFight. I loved him in that movie! It was the sweetest romantic dramedy I've ever seen...
It was one of his last ones before My Own Private Idaho.
He was great. I still miss him.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.