Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hawkman is coming to Smallville


Well, it was the Wonder Twins, now Hawkman!
Here it is! A sneak peek at Michael Shanks in the Hawkman costume he dons for Smallville’s highly anticipated two-hour movie event. Featuring the Justice Society, the special airs February 5, and the second hour is directed by Tom Welling. In between practicing his flying stunts above the Daily Planet rooftop and Chloe’s Watchtower, the Stargate SG-1 alum called me from the Vancouver set to dish on his role.
It seems we’ll be seeing a lot of you soaring through the air, eh?
Yeah. There are a few scenes involving him flying into various sets. One of them is in Watchtower and we’ll also see him on the Daily Planet roof. And at the end of the day, Hawkman takes off his wings and hangs them in the closet.

How’s your flying been going?
Today’s my practice day. There’s no stunt guy, so I need to ace this so I don’t make Hawkman look like a goofball. It’s traditional wire work that involves strapping on this harness so that large men with giant arms can lift me up and manipulate me. I’m also swinging around Hawkman’s giant mace as a weapon.

Interesting, let's see how this goes. More of the interview in the "source" part.

source

1 comment:

WilsonW said...

Ok..now you do know that picture is looking pretty....SYFY movie-ish right. Whoo!! I ahven't watched Smallville in a while and I have to wonder, can Superman even fly yet? And if not, why??

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.