Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sade is Back!


I just died on the moon and later found in the Jamaica Bay!

Okay, bad Jean Grey reference, but I have to say... Sade is back!!!

Soldier of Love is the new CD!
Sade and her longtime bandmates including Stuart Matthewman, a.k.a. Cottonbelly, regrouped in a U.K. recording studio in June and were recording and mixing into October.

Though no details about
Sade's new music have yet been revealed, one artist heard early versions of several songs: Maxwell, a fellow Sony recording artist and longtime friend and collaborator with Matthewman. The R&B singer sent a message to fans in March via his private Facebook page in which he indicated that he'd heard some of his labelmate's new recordings. "Trust me, it's so monolithic it'll shake you in your shoes!" he wrote.

It's coming out in February! Get Excited!


source

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

I am so looking forward to this. And I will have the first in my series tonight!

Kyle Leach said...

Looking forward to this release. I thought I read about this somewhere a while ago, but then couldn't find anything about it again when I looked. I'm glad to know I'm not going crazy!

Unknown said...

OMG! I can't wait!

Marker said...

Cannot wait.

To me, Sade have produced some of the most glorious, sensual music of our time.

Stuart Matthewman's brief (<30 notes?) guitar solo in "Love is Stronger Than Pride" is a masterpiece.

Allan S. said...

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.