Wednesday, November 25, 2009

10 Mistakes I made in High School



Between the years of 1988-1992, I was a high school student. I was in a clique and semi-popular however, I made many missteps with my fashion, attitude and awareness.

So after thinking, looking at too many pictures and yearbooks, I came up with a list of mistakes I made during my "budding" years.

  1. Falling for a boy named JimBob.
  2. Working at McDonald's instead of JC Penny.
  3. Thinking I would join the army.
  4. Took cooking classes instead of Typing (I can only type with one hand)
  5. Being concerned with people's views of me.
  6. Not taking high school seriously, I could've made better grades.
  7. Carried my books like a girl.
  8. Creating "Guess Jeans" Thursdays.
  9. Stop writing stories.
  10. Not truly being my big gay self.

8 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

CHILD I WAS BORN IN 89!! OWWW!

Larry Ohio said...

I think you are everybody's "Mr. Hero".

Have a save and happy Thanksgiving.

Eric Arvin said...

Aaaawwww, I carried my books "like a girl" for a bit too. I didn't know there was a difference.

Anonymous said...

A few of these would be on my list too. Specifically 5, 7 and 10.

Prince Todd said...

Born in 82 here...Sorta glad my mother never let me get a flat top...LOL.

This is a cute list! I'm going to piggy back on this one too! =0)

Kyle Leach said...

We all look back and see things like that. Regardless of how you feel about those decisions, you turned out to be a great guy V.

Unknown said...

I graduated in '92 also. My kindred spirit!

David Dust said...

Some of the best advice my Mother ever gave me was "learn how to type in high school". She was right.

However, I must disagree with you about the McDonald's/JC Penneys thing. I worked at McDonald's in high school - and when I went to college I became a part-time manager. It taught me A LOT - and McD's management paid better than your average college job.

BTW - I carried my books like a girl too!...

XOXOXOXOXO

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.