Sunday, November 29, 2009

Remakes Shemakes: I Spit on Your Grave and The Amityville Horror (Again?)
























More Remake madness in the Horror world.

First, I Spit on Your Grave
It's a cult classic and should be left alone. However, others feel differently, Shock to You Drop said:
There were rumblings a few months back that shooting had begun on a remake of Meir Zarchi's version with Steven R. Monroe (It Waits) behind the camera to direct for CinTel Films. Now, IMDB (via Arrow In The Head) uncovered a list of the full cast for the feature which Anchor Bay Entertainment is co-producing.

Sarah Butler, Chad Lindberg, Daniel Franzese, Rodney Eastman, Jeff Branson, Saxon Sharbino, Amber Dawn Landrum and Andrew Howard all star in the update of I Spit On Your Grave.
The next one is... The Amityville Horror. Yes, ANOTHER remake of this movie. BD Horror had this to say:
I just finished wiping away the tears of laughter as I just discovered that the Weinstein Company and Dimension Films are planning on remaking The Amityville Horror...again. Andrew Douglas directed the 2005 reboot produced by Platinum Dunes that grossed over $100m at the box office worldwide. I guess five years in the new 25? Our sources also tell us that there just might be a director already in talks to develop the project. Knowing Dimension Films, I'd expect this project to start and stop at least a dozen times before it ultimately fails. Alas horror fiends, don't stress it no matter how idiotic this sounds.

I'm not feeling these choices, but I might check out I Spit on Your Grave because Rodney Eastman is in it. He was Joey in Nightmare on Elm Street 3 and 4. So cute.

1 comment:

WilsonW said...

Nightmare on elm Street 3 and 4 was a LONG time ago! Do you have any idea what he looks like now? Cute don't always age all that great.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.