Monday, July 21, 2008

People believe in Homosexual Demons


I was floored by this article on 365gay.com

A police report filed by the teenager and obtained by The Anderson Independent newspaper said that the father yelled, swung the bat and tried to “cast the demon of homosexuality out of him."


I can't understand why, why a faith like this has such foolishness within it. I feel cheated in my younger years of watching SuperBook and going to Bible study. I was taught that God is love, and Jesus was the example of that love. But Jesus didn't beat Judas, Mary, or any other person that opposed him. So where did they get it all twisted? Why is this boy getting this abuse from his father? It's so hard to believe in this faith when things like this happens. When does "God" really step into the picture?

1 comment:

Butch said...

Unfortunately, from my prespective, he never will step into the picture. Being an atheist, it's all a fantasy made up by man to control others and this type of story makes it harder for me to understand why society allows people to do these bad things to others. I believe in the "live and let live" theory but this religious fool could have killed his son in his stupidity. He doesn't deserve to have a son, in my opinion. Where's the mother? If the boy is going to have an healthy life mentally as well as physically, he needs to get away from that person. If there ever were demons, this man is suffering from a legion of them.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.