Tuesday, July 22, 2008

That Ain't Right? Please They Don't Know What They're Missing


People are highly upset about the new Nike ad. Is it homophobic? Racist? Or just silly. I think it's silly and I can see the homophobic foolishness in it, but I guess I'm bother by the way they did it.

Any good ads person should think about the implications at all cost. I remember in my ads courses, how you must be aware of any possible backlash or potential matters that negatively reflects on the company. Is this poor planning or a cheap attempt to draw attention?

Whatever it is, it's wrong, because I enjoy being with a cute sweaty guy. And I think there are millions of others who feel the same way.

1 comment:

Jonathan Pizarro said...

I don't see it as homophobic. If I was playing basketball and all of a sudden found my teammate's crotch in my face, I'd be pretty pissed off too.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.