Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mamma Mess-ia


I never thought I would say this, but I think Mamma Mia is too much. I know this is coming from a person who loves Xanadu and Jem, but this musical movie just looks like a sticky sweet mess. I don't know what it is about this flick, it just looks wrong and too West Hollywood-ish.

I may be on probation from the Gay Club, but my gut is telling me this flick may kill the movie musical. I asked a friend if this movie is near Dreamgirls terrority, and I got a big HELL NAW. So if my friend hated it, I may feel the same (since we almost have the same taste). But I can tell this is not in the same shelf as Dreamgirls, Mamma Mia appears to be cheesey and glaring. However, this weekend will show me if others felt the same way or not.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.